Knitting or crocheting projects
Choose a project from the list below, being sure to note each project's requirements. We can provide you with yarn and patterns upon request. You may knit from home or during Knitting Guild meetings.
Twiddle Muffs are knit or crocheted muffs with various text yarns that help anxious patients with Alzheimer's or dementia by keeping their hands warm and busy.
Knit caps are offered to our patients receiving cancer treatment and to patients who are feeling chilled.
- Adult sizes only (men and women).
- Must be knitted or crocheted from a “soft” yarn due to the sensitivity of patients’ skin. Caron Simply Soft yarn is the preferred yarn.
- Can be any color or style; however, patients prefer brighter colors and funkier styles.
- 60-70 pink caps made with fun fur are part of the annual Pink Power Night!
- Fun Fur Cap
- Granny Square Cap
- No-Hair-Day Cap
- Marsan Men's Cap
Shawls are offered to patients who need physical comfort and emotional support.
- Can be made of any type or color of yarn.
- Can be any style; however, we ask volunteers to stick to patterns that only use 3-4 skeins of yarn.