When you call TowerDirect Transfer Center, you’ll speak with a specially trained and experienced team of specialists who will gather information about your patient, the transfer, and the direct admission needs. He or she will facilitate a three-way conversation with the receiving physician.
Use these easy steps for transferring a patient to a Tower Health location:
- Call the TowerDirect Transfer Center at 484-628-5200 to coordinate the transfer.
- Provide the patient’s demographic information and clinical reason for transfer. You may be asked additional information such as diagnosis, level of care required, and special equipment required for transport.
- Fax the patient’s demographics sheet to 484-628-5144 or upload to EPIC.
Our knowledgeable TowerDirect team will assist you in accepting and transporting your patient. If you have any questions or feedback about the Transfer Center, please call 484-628-5200.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the hours of operation for TowerDirect Transfer Center?
TowerDirect Transfer Center is staffed 24/7 by a team of specialists.
What patient information is needed to request a transfer?
At the time of requested transfer, a referring physician must be available to speak to the receiving physician. Once you are connected to the Transfer Center, the following information must be provided when speaking with a TowerDirect team member:
- Patient name and MRN
- Diagnosis and reason for transfer
- Current location of patient
- Level of care and service required
What information should be sent with the transferred patient?
All films, studies and notes should be sent with the patient or faxed ahead of the patient’s arrival to 484-628-5144. For hospitals utilizing EPIC, studies should be uploaded into the system prior to transfer.
What if the patient’s condition changes prior to transfer?
If the patient’s condition changes prior to transfer, please call TowerDirect at 484-628-5200 with a condition update so the receiving physician or transport team can be made aware.
TowerDirect Transfer Center coordinates direct admissions and transfers to the following departments and specialties throughout Tower Health, as required by the patient’s condition:
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Emergency Department
- General Surgery
- Oral Surgery
- Pediatric Primary and Specialty Care
- Plastic Surgery
- Vascular Neurology
- And more!