Our programs are available at, but not limited to the following locations: Brandywine Hospital, Chestnut Hill Hospital, Jennersville Hospital, Phoenixville Hospital, Pottstown Hospital, Reading Hospital, St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, Tower Health Urgent Care, Tower Health Medical Group, Tower Health Partners, and Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing.
Our mission & purpose
- Maximize the quality of the educational experience, resulting in improved patient outcomes.
- Improve the knowledge, competence and performance of physicians in all represented specialties of medicine and surgery.
- Identify the professional practice gaps of the medical staff that might be addressed through the CME process.
- Design and implement CME activities that present valid content which is unbiased, evidence-based, and free of commercial interest.
- Enhance clinician performance to achieve institutional patient safety and performance improvement goals, as well as individual goals of maintenance of certification and re-licensure.
- Evaluate changes in physician competence and performance as a result of the CME process, using both quantitative and qualitative measures.
The principal audience is the medical staff of Tower Health, its affiliates, and its encompassing service areas and communities. Other medical professionals (e.g., psychologists, therapists, nurses, and technical assistants) while not the primary targeted area, are considered as part of inter-professional education.
Activities that will inform, update and educate the target audience utilizing independent presentations, departmental grand rounds, case conferences, specialty-focused seminars, symposiums, and departmental and/or multi-discipline-focused morbidity and mortality conferences. Activities include both live and enduring materials.
- Include improvements in competence, performance, or patient outcomes
- Identify needs for future Continuing Medical Education Activities
- Align with the Quality Improvement goals of the hospital
By doing so, the CME program mission serves to support the overall mission of Tower Health and its staff, that is, to provide compassionate, accessible, high-quality, cost-effective healthcare to the community; to promote health; to educate healthcare professionals; to participate in appropriate clinical research.