When you – or your patients – need help getting to the right healthcare facility, TowerDIRECT is here to help. We assist patients and providers who request (or require) medical transportation from point A to point B.
Helping patients get the medical care they need, quickly and safely.
We're equipped to transport patients in emergency and nonemergency situations through partnerships with various organizations – including community hospitals, local municipalities, and emergency response agencies. We also offer medical and support services that help keep our patients (and our communities) as safe and healthy as possible.
Transportation Services We Offer
TowerDIRECT helps coordinate planned and unplanned medical transportation, including:
- Ambulance services. We offer low-cost emergency medical services (EMS) to Berks County (Brecknock, Cumru, and Robeson Townships; and Kenhorst, Mohnton, and Shillington Boroughs) and Chester County residents (Elverson and Honeybrook Boroughs; Phoenixville Borough and Honeybrook, Wallace, Warwick, and West Nantmeal Townships). Our ambulance team takes patients who call 911 during a medical emergency to a highly qualified emergency department.
- Transportation for routine medical visits. TowerDIRECT members who are bedridden or need a wheelchair can schedule rides to medical appointments in our specially equipped vehicles (additional charges apply).
- Patient transfers. Providers who wish to have their patients transferred into, out of, or within any Tower Health hospital can call our Transfer Center at 484-628-5200, 24/7/365.
- Critical care transport. Patients who need advanced medical services (such as ventilator care) during their transfer from one facility to another are accompanied by a Tower Health critical care nurse.
- Trauma transport. Through our Critical Care Transport team can coordinate air or ground transportation for critically injured patients who need to be seen in our Level I Trauma Center.
Patient and Community Support Services
Even though one of our top priorities is making sure you get to the hospital safely when needed, we’re also committed to helping you stay out of the hospital. TowerDIRECT offers several proactive and preventive health services, including:
- Home visits. Upon your provider’s request, members of our team can visit you at home after you’ve been discharged from the hospital. We can confirm you have all your prescribed medications and, if your provider is monitoring your health remotely, make sure your equipment is set up correctly. We can also recommend in-home safety modifications such as grab bars, non-slip rug pads, and raised toilet seats.
- Public event support. We routinely attend concerts, county fairs, and other community events in case an attendee needs on-site medical care (or medical transportation).
- Safety presentations. Our team gives presentations at schools, libraries, and other public venues upon request. Topics include car seat safety, fall prevention, and bike and helmet safety.