Note: Reading Hospital is not currently accepting volunteer applications.
Our Volunteer Program encompasses all of our in-service volunteer opportunities. As a volunteer, you can provide a range of service to our patients, visitors, and staff, from office support to helping hands to compassionate care. Choose from a variety of departments and programs in which to serve.
Please see the following requirements and terms before applying to volunteer:
- Applicants must be at least 15 years of age (placement for minors is limited. Some departments require a minimum age of 16)
- The time is given in regularly scheduled shifts on a weekly basis
- Must provide proof of COVID vaccination annually
- Must provide two references forms
- Must provide proof of flu immunization annually
- Must sign a confidentiality form annually
- Must complete annual re-education
- Volunteers are not involved in patients' direct medical care
- Placement in a specific department cannot be guaranteed
- Applications are valid for 30 days
- Apply online and view volunteer onboarding checklist
The process of becoming a volunteer, from application to actual placement in a department, can take anywhere from four to six weeks depending upon circumstances.